Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for a Program Assistant to provide administrative support to the Planning and Development team.
- Provides high quality administrative clerical support services to the Planning and Development team.
- Arranging appointments, meetings, agendas for the management team, tracking, filing and distribution of various projects documentation.
- Attending meetings, recording minutes, co-ordinating materials and follow-up from various committee meetings.
- Composing and editing correspondence/reports.
- Acting as liaison with the public to provide general information on the programs.
- Communicating with external and internal customers to be able to facilitate resolution of concerns.
- Assists with confidential information as required.
- Coordinates office functions
- Assists with coordination Program wide events (e.g. Clinical Day, Grand Rounds).
- Assists in the completion of payroll
- Preparation of data, statistics and reports
- Assists in completing staff schedule and on call rosters
- Reconciliation of credit card purchases
- Composes and editing correspondence/reports.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of administrative/secretarial experience supporting management /administrative staff
- Completion of a recognized secretarial/administrative program is required
- Previous experience taking minutes and supporting committees
- Previous experience in a health care environment- Clinic, hospital, physician’s office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook) along with a typing speed of 60 W.P.M is required.
- Knowledge of Meditech computer system an asset (Order Entry, PCI, MOX, Meditech Skills Data Base).
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and initiate work are essential
- Knowledge of medical terminology is essential.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Good attendance record.
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues/information in a professional manner.
- Excellent attendance record.
- May be required to travel between sites periodically
Applicants may be required to successfully complete full administrative testing, including typing speed, MS Office and Medical Terminology.
Location: All Sites
Employee Group: Non Union
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis