Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Allied Health and Outpatient Rehab to join our Seniors Care Program leadership team. Manager, Allied Health and Outpatient Rehab will lead and direct provision of secondary medical allied services (e.g. Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, etc) across multiple clinical areas and across the three sites. The Manager will also lead the operation and ongoing evaluation of Humber’s Elderly Assess and Restore Team (HEART) and Outpatient Rehabilitation and Hand Clinics.
Reporting to the Program Director, Seniors Care, the Manager, Allied Health and Outpatient Rehab:
- Provides effective, efficient and safe patient services through human, financial, and environmental resource management.
- Supports a model of patient centered care that is based on best practice, program and corporate standards, and continuous quality improvement.
- Builds a professional practice climate and facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and community partners to plan, implement and monitor delivery of patient and family centered programs and services.
- Provides leadership in advancing the goals and objectives of the Seniors Care Program within the organization and supports the program and organization’s strategic priorities.
- Accountable for effective team functioning in service and performance standards.
- Monitors and adjusts caseloads, workload and assignments within the hospital portfolio to maximize efficiency.
- Collaboratively with HRH Patient Relations Officer, manages complex and difficult patient issues and complaints with timely investigation and follow-up.
- May attend/support staff in Consent & Capacity Review Board hearings, service appeals and legal consultations.
- Coaches and mentors staff to navigate successfully through change.
- Manages all aspects of employee relations including recruitment, retention, attendance and performance management in collaboration with Human Resources and Labour Relations.
- Oversees the management of the Professional Practice Leaders(PPL) in their clinical and PPL responsibilities
- Provides multi-site coverage to Allied team members located at the Wilson site, Finch Reactivation Centre and Church Reactivation Centre
- Students & student placements
- Supports student clinical placements in all Allied disciplines in collaboration with Professional Practice and affiliated schools
- Regulated Health Care Professional in good standing with respective health professional regulatory body in Ontario
- University degree in a health-related field
- Master's in Health or Business Administration required
- Minimum of five years relevant clinical experience and a minimum of three years leadership experience in an acute care setting
- Experience in effective critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills within a fast paced, complex and continually changing environment.
- Experience in leading change, building high functioning teams and effective working relationships.
- Skills in strategic planning, project management, and effective resource management and utilization.
- Experience managing in a multi-union environment
- Track record of delivering exceptional clinical practice, efficiency and patient care
- Track record for creating a quality and safety culture and means for monitoring and communicating results that is meaningful to team members and inspires continuous improvement
- Self-directed, courageous, and highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing competing demands in a fast-paced, multi-site, multi-disciplinary health care environment
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel between the three sites
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis