Humber River Health. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Since opening our doors in 2015 as North America’s first fully digital hospital, we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Health, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Health is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Health, we’re not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
Right now we’re looking for a Part Time Buyer to work within the Purchasing department.
Reporting Relationship: Supervisor, Contract & RFP
Hourly Rate Range: $30.515 to $31.409
Schedule Requirements: Days, evenings, weekend & statutory Holidays
Location: Wilson Site (Cross site coverage is required)
Employee Group: Teamsters PT Clerical
- Process all non-inventory purchase orders, based on purchase requisitions received from all departments (on requisition forms and via Meditech on-line requisitions) on a daily basis while abiding by all Hospital’s contractual obligations, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Reconcile monthly statement with supporting documentation for all credit card purchases.
- Process select Capital purchase orders and special project purchase orders, as assigned by Director of Procurement, Logistics and Mail Room, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Expedite all outstanding purchase orders, selected Capital purchase orders and special project non-inventory purchase orders to ensure timely arrival of goods
- Obtain quotations for required supplies, services and equipment and negotiate prices in the best interest of the hospital. Has autonomy to order and shop for best price for items not on contract.
- Process service repairs and obtain repair quotes, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Resolve non-inventory back-order issues
- Assign asset tag and process required forms for minor equipment and select Capital purchase orders, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Update /maintain various spreadsheets for tracking information of processed purchase orders, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Create and update item and vendor dictionaries with new information as received i.e. set up new Meditech Item numbers with product and vendor information, pricing updates, contract dates, packaging changes, vendor contact information’s, etc
- Maintain and update approved delegation of signing authority for departments in Meditech
- Perform special projects, provide support to the Procurement team (i.e. answering phone calls, emails, filing, provide coverage for absences) or other duties as assigned.
- Process invoices for non-inventory purchase orders /service contracts, special projects (i.e. Reactivation Care Centre project) and services, which are not received by Stores, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Resolve non-inventory back-order issues, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Reconcile invoices and exception report referred from Accounting for approval where price, quantity or product discrepancies exist, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Process other invoices as assigned, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to: obtain and provide product information, on request to coordinate loaners for scheduled and elective emergency surgeries, on request; to standardize goods and services to establish contracts; to review products, services and/or equipment relevant to those purchase
- Train department users on the use of purchase requisitions and Meditech on-line requisitions
- Participate or assist on the Product Review Standardization Committee Meetings on an ad-hoc basis or as required by the Director, Procurement, Logistics and Mail Room
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) or (Formerly) Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) Level 2 required
- 2 years of recent purchasing experience required
- Purchasing experience in computerized healthcare environment preffered
- Knowledge & applied experience of purchasing resources, terminology and methodology required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively, meeting required timelines in a fast paced environment
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively and with integrity
- Ability to prioritize and organize a constant and varied workload
- Ability to interact with vendors/sales representatives, visitors and staff at all levels in the organization in a tactful and courteous manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Medical terminology preferred
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Health is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Huron Consulting hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Health is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Health as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Health was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Health, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Health is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Health.
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Health is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Health, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis